8 oz dark semisweet chocolate (225 g)
2/3 cup butter (140 g)
1 cup sugar (210 g)
4 heaped tablespoons all-purpose flour (1 dl)
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons sour cream
1½ teaspoon baking powder or 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for frosting
2/3 cup whipping cream (1.6 dl)
9 oz semisweet chocolate (260 g)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Line a circular 10 inch cake tin (25 cm) with non-stick paper and grease the tin. (Please note that cake will rise to 3 inches and collapse somewhat when cooled.)
3. Melt the chocolate with butter over hot water.
4. Beat the eggs with sugar, mix with flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
5. Fold in melted butter, chocolate and sour cream slowly.
6. Bake at 350 F (180 C for about 50 minutes. (until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean)
7. Cool the cake completely then place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes,
8. Remove cake from tin and carefully slice off top surface from the cake
9. Cut in half, horizontally.
1. Heat 2/3 cup (1.6 dl) of heavy cream or whipping cream in a sauce pan.
2. Remove from heat, add 9 oz (260 g) of finely chopped dark semisweet chocolate, stir until smooth,
3. Let sauce cool until in thickens.
4. Use 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake.
5.Cool cake in the refrigerator for at least one hour so the frosting will harden.
Serve at room temperature.